Chat with us!
Knowledge BaseSearch our articles or browse by category below
What is the difference between OEM & Retail
11094 views  December 5, 2018
OEM (System Builder)
- An OEM license connects to the PC that was used for the first activation
- It's not possible to transfer the license to another computer
- Microsoft Support is not included (Windows update and other features work just the same as normal it's only about contacting Microsoft)
- Not recommend for Bootcamp and Virtual Computers may not activate on reinstallation
Retail (Full Version)
- You can transfer the License between Computers (just make sure you run it at one PC on a time.)
- Microsoft Support is included.
- Can be used for virtual computers and Bootcamp