How to reinstall Windows 10 without CD or USB
Has your computer become very slow? Or do you see error messages and BSOD’s almost every day when you use your laptop or PC? Then it may be wise to reinstall Windows 10. Many computer users find it an exciting process to reinstall Windows 10. Often people don’t have access to an installation CD or USB. Are you in those cases wondering if it is still possible to reinstall Windows 10? Read on and learn how to easily perform a Windows reinstallation on your computer without CD or USB!
When should you reinstall Windows 10
A complete reinstall of Windows 10 is not something you should do on a regular basis. Previously, SoftwareLicense4U has provided a number of tips that ensure that your Windows computer or laptop continues to function correctly (and quickly).
In some cases, a computer may simply malfunction because the hardware is faulty. In that case, reinstalling Windows does not affect performance. Or you may have accidentally downloaded a virus. In such cases, you are better off with a good virus scanner than with reinstalling the operating system. Are you sure that those previous factors are not the reason for a malfunctioning PC or laptop? Then choose from the possibilities below to simply reinstall Windows 10 on the computer.
Reinstalling Windows 10 without USB or CD
Windows 10 has the (very) useful function ‘Reset this PC’. Thanks to this functionality, you remove all programs that you have previously installed. Personal documents such as photos, videos and (Office) documents will remain on your hard disk in many cases. However, it may be useful to back-up these documents on an external hard disk. Windows is completely reinstalled thanks to this functionality.
To use this feature, follow the next steps:
- Go to the ‘Start Menu’
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Click on ‘Update and security’
- Click on ‘System Restore’
- Click ‘Reset this PC’
The following options are offered: Delete All and Save My Files
Save my files: When you choose "Save my files", your personal documents will be retained. Also the software that was installed on the computer by default will not be deleted. Other programs such as games, Office packages and graphical applications will be removed.
Delete all: Do you choose the option "Delete all"? Then you also lose all personal files and software (photos, videos, drivers, games etc.) that you have put on your PC or laptop. However, software programs remain on the computer that was installed by default. In general, the entire hard disk is erased when you choose this option. The process will therefore take more time than the option "Save my files". It does, however, provide a clean computer that should be in top condition afterwards.
Reinstallation process Windows 10
When Windows 10 is correctly reinstalled, you can start personalizing your settings.
- To begin, you can select the language, time zone and keyboard settings. In most cases you will cho During the reinstallation process, Windows 10 will automatically check whether the Windows 10 license is already linked to the hardware of the computer. As a result, you normally do not need to enter a Windows 10 product key during this process. Is this question asked during the reinstallation of Windows 10? Then simply click on "I do not have a product code"
- Then choose which version of Windows 10 you want to reinstall. In most cases this will be Professional or Home. Then click on "Next".
- Agree to the user conditions and click on "Next"
- Then select the option "Custom: Install Windows only"
- Then choose which drive you want to install Windows 10 on. In most cases this will be your SSD or C: drive. Then click on "Next"
- Windows 10 will now be reinstalled.
When Windows 10 is completely reinstalled, you can get started with personal settings such as your user name, a Microsoft account and adding additional computer equipment. Furthermore, it is possible to enter your privacy settings and passwords.
Windows 10 is now reinstalled!
After completing the Windows 10 reinstallation process, your PC or laptop will function as new again. Then you can get back to work with indispensable software programs such as a virus scanner and an Office 2019 package. Are you still looking for this type of software? Then take a look at the 100% original software licenses of Software4LicenseU. All our licenses are delivered via e-mail within 5 minutes!